Monday, October 05, 2015

5 Minutes in October:Embrace

Embrace

I don't like change. Well, sometimes I do. Sometimes I long for it and am excited about it, especially when I have chosen it but, when it is forced on me, in my pride I often balk.

While at church God was at work in my heart, pursuing me. We talked about suffering and how God has a purpose in it and God challenged me to embrace Him and embrace my seasons of sufferings as He did.

The songs at the end of the service just tore me up:
-It is Well: "Let go, my soul, and trust in Him, the waves and wind still know His name..."
-Oceans "I will call upon Your Name, keep my eyes above the waves. My soul will rest in Your embrace I am Yours and You are mine"
- Man of Sorrows: "Man of sorrows Lamb of God, by His own betrayed.
The sin of man and wrath of God has been on Jesus laid
"Silent as He stood accused, beaten mocked and scorned. Bowing to the Father's will he took a crown of thorn."
This song really made me think about how greatly He suffered unjustly, on the cross for me.
-Jesus, Only Jesus: "Who has the power to raise the dead? Who can save us from our sin? He is our hope, our righteousness, Jesus, only Jesus
"Who can make the blind to see? Who holds the keys that set us free?He paid it all to bring us peace. Jesus, only Jesus."

This. This is why I don't wear makeup to church. I'm sure my face looks bad enough after crying without mascara running everywhere.

Thanks, God for calling me to embrace You in this season and every season. I love you. Thanks for loving me.

Emailed over this quote from my phone this quote showed up again and, of course, needs to stay.
In time of trouble, say, "First, he brought me here. It is by his will I am in this strait place; in that I will rest." Next, "He will keep me here in his love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as his child." Then say, "He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons he intends me to learn, and working in me the grace he means to bestow." And last, say, "In his good time he can bring me out again. How and when, he knows." Therefore, say, "I am here (1) by God's appointment, (2) in his keeping, (3) under his training, (4) for his time." ~Andrew Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!