Friday, October 16, 2015

5 Minutes in October: Green

Green

Green can have so many meanings I'm not even sure where to begin.

You can be green with envy.
You can look green because you're sick.
You can be considered green because you are young or new.
Plants are green. Grass is green (except mine because we don't water).

When Glenn's relatives would visited us one summer when we lived in NY I was confused over why they exclaimed over how green it was. That's because it's not green in AZ or WY in summer. It's not in TX either...

Green often represents life, growth. My spiritual life has been pretty brown lately. I've not been watering myself with the Word like I should but I've recently started again. Faint green shoots are coming out amidst the brown as I seek Jesus more. I long to look more like the beautiful crepe myrtles that line my yard in mid-summer than the crunchy brown grass that covers my lawn.

Right now small purple flowers are creeping out in my yard, their vines casting their beauty about. Signs of life. Hope. Oh, may that be true of my heart and life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!