Sunday, October 25, 2015

5 Minutes in October: Crash

Crash

I've been in a few no damage fender benders (usually the other person's fault), bumped into a big white building, had our frame break on the interstate, and had several tire blow outs but I've only been in one major crash. That crash was on an icy road in Virginia between Christmas and New Years when my family was taking me down to start college in Tennessee. It was scary. Cars started fishtailing on a bridge that was just starting to get icy and I was sure we were going to run into the semi in front of us which thankfully, somehow was moved out of the way when we were hit from behind by a semi otherwise the results would have really been not pretty. Thankfully we all walked away with slight whiplash and a totaled minivan but nothing else.

Those signs claiming that bridges ice before roads are true. Other warning signs exist that I should pay attention to to protect me from crashes in other areas of my life. The book of Proverbs is full of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!