Friday, October 02, 2015

5 Minutes in October: Family

am often asked, "Is it difficult living so far away from family?"

It is an interesting question. In many senses I don't live far from my family - Glenn usually sleeps in my bedroom (when he's not at work) and my kids live with me just about 24-7 and sleep just a short walk away. They are my family. For the good, the bad, the ugly and all the adventures.

I know what people mean. Living a bazillion miles away from extended family definitely has it's good and bad. I love the time I get to spend with our extended families once-ish a year but, since we weren't really planning on living in the US this long, I just always assumed we'd be far from our families. Maybe that makes it easier though I'm sad my kids don't get to hang out with their cousins or grandparents nearly as often as I did growing up.

STOP
5 minutes isn't very long but another post done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!