Tuesday, October 06, 2015

5 Minutes in October: Possible

Possible

Romans 12:18 "If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men."

Oh, is that hard to live out. It is possible but it involves a lot of hard conversations and confrontation and, mostly, in my case, dying to myself.

My sinful self wants my own way.
My sinful self wants my family to behave in ways that please me.
My sinful self wants life to be easy and comfortable.

Living at peace with others is difficult but it is worth it.

As I write this we are on the road heading south for our next adventure. The worst of it, Lord willing, is over: the packing, the sorting, the organizing. We've all had plenty of opportunities so far today to chose to live at peace with those we live with, those we love. We have made choices to live at peace. We have also made choices to cause conflict. There were some not so pretty or proud moments in our home.

I'm so thankful for God's grace that is the only way we can make the impossible possible and that forgives us when we sin against each other and Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!