Monday, October 05, 2015

5 Minutes in October: Home

Home

You've heard it said, "There's no place like home," or, "Home is where you hang your hat," or, as a towel we got as a wedding gift says, "Home is where your honey is."

Many different things have come to my mind as I've thought of "home" over the years: that big yellow farm house built in the late 1800s where I spent most of my growing up years, various cabins and dorm rooms where I spent summers and semesters, various apartments and houses that we've rented in our 16 years of marriage, the homes of friends who've let us crash at their places for seasons when we had no place of our own to call home, and now this place where we've lived for a Maas record of 29 months (plus a few days).

That line on forms where you're supposed to put your "permanent address" makes me laugh. "Permanent address?" That is a joke and a half . I'm always tempted to put "Heaven."

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. ((Philippians 3:20-21)

Then. Then I'll truly be home. Until then I will be a wanderer in this world inviting others to join me in my true, permanent, forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!