Sunday, October 18, 2015

5 Minutes in October: Worth

Worth

I got to teach 4th grade Sunday School today. We were talking about Abram and how he had faith and obeyed God in Genesis 12. I love that story and it encourages me and challenges me. It also makes me think of that morning back in 2007 when we overslept and did church at home (hopefully not permanently scarring our children) that I blogged about here: http://maasupdate.blogspot.com/2007/01/sunday-school-to-extreme.html?m=1

The one thing I tried to communicate to the kids today was that following and obeying God is worth it. He may ask you to do some really hard things. You may not understand what He is doing or why He is doing it but you can trust Him. He, most likely, won't tell you to pack up and get in your car and go and He'll tell you when to turn left and right and stop but even if He does you can trust Him and He will work it out for His glory and your good and having faith and obeying God is worth it. Even if it costs you everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!