Saturday, October 17, 2015

5 Minutes in October: Offer

Offer

As I look to the future often I wonder what on earth I can offer. I feel so ill prepared for so many things. I don't know what I can do to be of use.

But God... My two favorite words.

He has a plan and a purpose for my life. He knows, even if I don't how He will use me. He gave me a smile, two ears to listen, hands to touch. I can offer them back to Him to use as He sees fit.

I'm reminded of that old poem "In the Bleak Midwinter"

What can I give Him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a lamb,
If I were a wise man
I would do my part,
Yet what I can I give Him,
Give my heart.

I know that if I'm willing to be used and obedient to His call He will take what He's given me that I offer back to Him for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!