Thursday, October 01, 2015

5 minutes in October: Calling

I've decided to re-start my too-long silent blog by joining in some 5 minute prompts this month. I may not write every day but I'm writing today on:

Calling

As I've thought of this word today I've had several thoughts:

1. Calling others on the phone does not come easy for me. There are so many people from my past and present that I would love to call and connect/ reconnect with but I just don't do it.

2. This verse from 2 Peter 1:10: "Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;" Looking at it and reading the context just makes me want to grow in my relationship with God but too often I run from Him. Why is that?

3. What is my calling? So often I wonder what I should be when I grow up. How I should spend my life? Do I need additional training of some sort to fulfill the role God has for me? My current calling as a full time mom and homeschool teacher will end before I know it. What does God have for me after that? We'll finally be adults in less than 2 years what Glenn is done with training. What's after that? The answer I always hear is, "be faithful today." I guess that is and always will be my calling.

5 minutes is up. That wasn't too bad. Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!