Thursday, October 22, 2015

5 Minutes in October: Value

Value

Tonight I watched a couple of DVDs that I picked up at the Voice of the Martyrs conference 15 months ago trying to find something to show my GA girls as we pray for persecuted Christians next week for International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church. Most of them are not very child friendly (my kids have watched them with me but I expose my kids to a lot more than your average parent in regards to persecution).

The thing that stuck out to me the most was how much the persecuted Christians valued their Bibles. They went through so much to get them and they were punished for having them. The only comfort many of them had was scriptures they had memorized.

I am very fortunate to have several copies of the Bible but I do not treasure it as those followers of Christ do.

I want to. I need to memorize it more because then it will always be with me, even if/ when I am no longer allowed to have a copy with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!