Wednesday, October 14, 2015

5 Minutes in October: Patience

Patience

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. ‭James‬ ‭1‬:‭2-4‬

I am not naturally a very patient person but I have learned patience through some of my life experiences. Verse 3 says the testing of your faith produces patience and it's true, I'm more patient than I once was.

That is part of the reason I don't get as upset as I used to when trials come my way. It's a choice to choose joy in your trials. It's not because your trials are particularly joyful but because you know that God is going to teach you something through them.

What is the result of choosing joy in trials? Faith tested and patience developed in its perfecting work which causes you to mature and be complete and realize you lack nothing because you know He is your supply.

"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians‬ ‭12‬:‭10‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!