Friday, October 26, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Voice

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" 
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

This verse tugged at my heart long ago. That voice calling me. The need is so great so I said with Isaiah, "Here am I. Send me!"

This morning this verse came to my mind when I saw the word "voice" and I was reminded once again of answering God's voice. 

Being sent has not looked like I imagined it would look. I thought I would be in some foreign land teaching the children of others. Instead I am in the United States teaching my own children. I need to remember that I am still a sent one. I have been sent to various places over the years. All of them, so far, have mostly been in New York. In some places I have been faithful to remember that I am a sent one who answered the call of His voice. In others I have not been and there is regret.

We are soon to be sent to another place. Where that is we don't know yet. I long to be faithful to remember Who it is who ultimately sent us there and to be faithful to listen to His voice and do what He wants me to do.

Linking up with The Gypsy Mama. Join me?
 Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!