Friday, October 05, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Welcome

I have a hard time sometimes saying, "Welcome" because I am often thinking too much about me and worrying about what others will think of me. My house is too cluttered, my food may not taste right, my family is kind of crazy... so often when we "welcome" people to our home I hide in the kitchen working on things that I haven't gotten done yet to "prepare" for our guests. I'm not really welcoming. I'm hiding. I'm not focusing on and making it all about my guests like I think that I probably should.

We've sung a song recently in church (these FMF's always make me think of songs) by Matt Redman "Here for You."

It talks about welcoming God into our presence with praise and the fact that the reason that we are here is for Him. The part that sticks out to me every time is:
To You our hearts are open
Nothing here is hidden
You are our one desire
You alone are holy
Only You are worthy
God, let Your fire fall down
God is my ultimate guest but too often when I come into His presence I am thinking about me too. Just like with house guests distractions abound: my to-do list, my wants, so many other things when I should be focusing on my Guest. I can't close the cupboard doors to hide the mess with Him. He knows it all and He wants to be with me in spite of it. How grateful I am.

Oh Lord, please help me to open both the door to my heart and the door to my home. I've neglected that word lately... so here it is. I welcome You to open me.


Linking up with the Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday. Join me? If you write for 5 minutes on Welcome please put a link in my comments!
  Five Minute Friday







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!