Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What's Working Wednesday: Taco Seasoning Mix

What's Working Wednesday is my weekly post to showcase something that is working for me or my family at the moment. It may not work for us forever and it may or may not work for you.

Tuesday night is usually Taco Night around here. We love tacos! Years ago my mother-in-love gave me a recipe for taco seasoning mix and I always keep a batch of it on hand. I'm not sure where she got it from and I know this recipe isn't original with me but we use it all the time!


Taco Seasoning Mix
(makes about 2T, equivalent of 1 packet of store bought seasoning)
2t minced onion
1t salt
1t chili powder
1/2t cornstarch
1/2t crushed red pepper
1/2t minced garlic
1/4t oregano
1/2t ground cumin

This seasoning mix tastes great and I use it in tacos, fajitas, and other Mexican inspired foods that we eat. This recipe is enough for a single batch, which I never make. I always make extra and store it in a container in with my spices. My batches usually look more like: 4T minced onion, 2T salt... I usually put in a generous 2T of seasoning mix when making tacos. Use more or less depending on your taste.


Have a Taco Fiesta seasoned just right (with no scary ingredients you can't pronounce)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!