Sunday, January 01, 2012

Five Minute Friday (belated): Open




I'm a little late on Five Minute Friday. It is Sunday after all but here it is... 5 Minutes on Open.

START

When I saw the work "Open" as the theme for Five Minute Friday I groaned. I didn't like the look of that word and didn't know where to go with it so I decided not to write about "open."

In walks the Holy Spirit.... Why does He always have to walk in? Anyway, there is an idea that has been going around for a number of years of picking a word to try to live out for the year. Last year the word that I picked was "present." I started well (I always start well....) but lost steam somewhere along the way.

This weekend God has been working on my heart that my word for this year should be "open." Ouch. I don't want to be open. What does open look like?

Here are some of the things that I feel God is calling me to open:
1. my eyes
2. my ears
3. my heart
4. my life
5. my home
6. my bank account
7. my Bible

I'm sure that there are other things throughout this year that God is going to call me to open. I am not sure if I am ready for them yet. I don't know that I'm ready for these 7 yet either but thanks Gypsy Mama for being used of God to being this word to my heart and mind.

Welcome to the year of open. God please open me for your glory this year.

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!