Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hot/ Sweet Mustard Dip

When I lived in Houghton I used to go to a Tuesday morning prayer group at Fillmore Wesleyan Church. One week a friend of mine brought a delicious mustard pretzel dip (I don't even like mustard!) and I got the recipe from her. Last week I made some and the kids told me that it is a recipe that they want me to give them when they grow up so I decided to post it here to my blog. Sorry, I didn't get a picture. It's already gone. Maybe next time I make some I'll take a picture.

Hot/ Sweet Mustard
Ingredients:
2 3oz containers of dry mustard (.375 pounds, I measured it to be about 1 1/2C once)
2 C white vinegar
1C sugar
2 well beaten eggs
1t salt
1C miracle whip or mayo
Instructions:
Mix the dry mustard in a bowl with vinegar. Cover the bowl and let it sit out overnight. Next day dump the mixture in a saucepan and add the salt, eggs, and sugar. Stir constantly as you boil the mixture. When it coats the spoon it is ready to remove from heat. Add the miracle whip or may. You may have to beat it in if there are chunks. Will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator. [mine never does - it gets eaten too quickly!]

Enjoy with pretzels - yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!