Sunday, July 29, 2012

Morning After...

We had a great time this weekend at National Conference - meeting people, researching residencies, eating food, trying to avoid picking up the free stuff.

Late yesterday afternoon we got to the hotel after being dropped off by a first year intern at a program we are very interested in after eating lunch with the program director, a bunch of residents and attendings. (SO thankful for the ride she gave us up to our hotel by the airport for the night.) I was exhausted but couldn't get to sleep so I went to the bathroom to read my Bible. I read Proverbs 30 as part of my "through the Bible in a year" and really appreciated verses 1-9:
The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh contain this message.
I am weary, O God; I am weary and worn out, O God. I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense. I have not mastered human wisdom, nor do I know the Holy One.
Who but God goes up to heaven and comes back down?
Who holds the wind in his fists?
Who wraps up the oceans in his cloak?
Who has created the whole wide world?
What is his name—and his son's name?
Tell me if you know! Every word of God proves true.
He is a shield to all who come to him for protection. Do not add to his words, or he may rebuke you and expose you as a liar.
O God, I beg two favors from you; let me have them before I die.
First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, "Who is the Lord?" And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God's holy name. (Proverbs 30:1-9 NLT)

I love that Auger spoke just what I felt: weary, overwhelmed, inadequate. He then pointed me again to the One who I was looking for, the One who controls all things, who holds everything in His fist, who is The Truth, and my Shield. So thankful!! Then there is that prayer. I love that prayer and reading it every month when I come to this Proverb. It is so true: I want just enough - not too much so I don't think I need Him or too little so I'm tempted to do wrong to have what I need. God has been so faithful to do just that for us all along and I know He will continue to.

This morning the song on my heart was...
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.
His mercies never come to an end.
They are new every morning, new every morning, great is Thy
faithfulness, oh Lord, great is Thy faithfulness."
I'm so thankful for His great faithfulness. I have, in my head, plans of what I think would be the best plan for what to do summer of 2013 - summer of 2016 or 2017 but my faithful God will put us where He will best use us and train us and His plans are not always our plans (if you've known us long, you may have noticed that). Thankful that I can trust Him and His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!