Friday, July 13, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Caleb

Lisa-Jo, the Gypsy Mama, is on vacation this week so there's no Five Minute Friday word prompt for this week. I decided I wanted to write anyway, the word I chose was...

CALEB

Caleb. 12 years ago I was very pregnant with a child that my Korean friends were convinced was a boy. They could somehow tell by looking at my back side.

On July 15th I gave birth to a little boy and we named him Caleb. We didn't know anyone by that name at the time but that year Caleb ended up being in the top 10 of baby names.

We named him Caleb because we wanted our son's name to inspire him to faithfulness, greatness, and faith. Caleb, in the Bible, was a brave spy who believed that God could and would help the people of Israel to defeat the inhabitants of the land that God had promised them. As a result of his faith he was one of only 2 men who were to live through the 40 years of wandering in the wilderness that Israelites had to do because of their disobedience and lack of faith. At the age of 85 he asked for a hill country to go out and defeat the people there and take the land as his.
And now, behold, the Lord has kept me alive, as He said, these forty-five years, ever since the Lord spoke this word to Moses while Israel wandered in the wilderness; and now, here I am this day, eighty-five years old. Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the Lord spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the Lord will be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the Lord said." (Joshua 14:10, 12 NKJV)

I long for our Caleb to be faithful, courageous, to work hard, and to have a big faith in God who can use him to do the impossible.

I love you, Caleb. Enjoy your birthday weekend. Keep on seeking God first and He will use you for His honor and glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!