Saturday, June 28, 2008

On the Lighter Side

My posts have been too heavy lately... so here are some of the other side that have been going on...

You know you have a big gas tank when....
Our friend Karen let us borrow her little SUV while she is in CA working at a camp this summer. We've only used it a couple of times but it was getting low so I thought I would go and fill it up and put gas in it. It was pretty close to E. I put in my card and started filling up and it stopped at $50 something. What?? I was so excited! I think that 4 years ago when we bought the Burb we filled up for $50 something once when we were in GA. I have not filled the Burb yet this year. The pumps stop at $75 and then you have to re-insert your credit card. I don't bothe
r. I just pray that that $75 will last us a long time and just drive around until I have to put another $75 in which I usually have to do twice a month (and we hardly drive anywhere - except this month with all the extra planned and unplanned trips.) I was super excited to fill up for just over $50 - Karen will probably be disgusted that it cost that much :)

A sandy seat...
A couple weeks ago when Glenn was working on a Sunday Caleb skipped Sunday School and went to jump in Lake Ontario with Brian. I didn't have his swim suit in the car so he just went in the shorts that he wore to church. After they dried they were put into the dirty clothes to be washed but as I was pulling the darks out to be washed and noticed Caleb's shorts in there I was disgusted b/c from what I could remember he had only worn them to church so they were definitely clean enough to wear again so I put them on his bed to wear
to church. When he got home from church he told me that when he looked at the chair that he had sat on in Sunday School there was a pile of sand there and I remembered... he had worn those shorts in the lake! We all had a good laugh at my expense.

Bomber Man...
Kristina came over and helped me sort/ pack the kids' room on Wednesday and in that process we found "Bomber Man." They are cute little marble shooters that I think are Japanese that we bought off the Chamberlain's garage sale when they were leaving Houghton. We only really get them out when we are moving but they are super fun toys. The kids have been having a blast playing Bomber Man but watch out... the marbles hurt when you step on them!

The Ultimate Mandolin...
I think that it was worth starting my business for that one item. This morning we had strawberries on our pancakes and I had Hannah cut up the strawberries with the mandolin and it worked great. I would never have been able to have my 5 year old cut strawberries before I had it and she had so much fun doing it! After slicing the strawberries I washed it and sliced apples to put on the dryer for Caleb's specialty - dried apples. I love that thing!! It slices everything so evenly and has saved me tons of hours in the kitchen!!

And finally, beautiful beach...
Here is a picture of a beach in Dominica called Batibou that I stole from a spouse of a Ross student's blog. It's pretty! Makes you want to go there, eh?? Swimming is the thing that the kids are most excited about if we go to Ross.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!