Saturday, June 14, 2008

My New Prayer Request

I don't know how or if you are praying for us. I know I have prayed for many things over the past few months... wisdom and direction of what we should do and where we should live in the fall. I have prayed that God would allow Glenn a seat in U of R's medical class for the year 2012. I have prayed that God would work faster and let us know now which way we are going to go. This week the Lord has challenged me to change my prayer. I am still working through Colossians in my quiet time in the mornings. This week I got to Colossians 4:2-4 "Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving; praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak." I am sure that I have never asked any of you to pray for me like Paul asked the Colossians to pray for him but I am asking you now. I know that no matter where we end up God will take care of us. He has proved that again and again. He will work out the details of our housing and schooling and finances. I am praying that I will be faithful with the 'door for the word, that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ.' No matter where I live, whether it be in Rochester, Dominica, or some other place we haven't even thought of the most important thing that we will do there is reach out to others with the hope of Christ to a world that is hopeless. Please pray for us also that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we might speak forth the mystery of Christ. We appreciate your prayers!

In other news we got the kids passports in the mail this week. I also posted pictures on facebook today. Here are pictures from May which include pictures from when Steph and Brody visited and here are pictures from the calling hours and Kendra's visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!