Friday, October 23, 2015

5 Minutes in October: Joy

Joy

Jesus and
Others and
You
What a wonderful way to spell joy.

I remember it in a song or a poem from my childhood. It is simple but oh, so difficult for this selfish soul to live out. It is amazing the difference it makes when my priorities are in order like that though.

YOJ just doesn't cut it. When I put myself first it is always a mess. So why do I put myself first so often?

The "others" in my life are often squeak-y. They make requests and too often I shoot them down, not because I am focusing on Jesus but because I am focusing on me.

Jesus doesn't squeak for my attention. He just waits patiently, longing for that intimate relationship with me that I too often run from. For the joy set before Him, He endured the cross for me. He rewards me with joy when I turn to Him so why don't I do it more often?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!