Friday, November 16, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Stay

I always want to stay. I am not a fan of change. God rarely wants me to stay anywhere for long. We have had 17 addresses over the last 13 years. That equals a lot of change. A lot of NOT staying.

I like to make plans. Well, not really. My imaginary plans usually involve staying. When God asks me to go I often into denial for a long time. Even before this month long excursion I was in denial. The unknown-ness of it all paralyzes me and I can do nothing.

So far this trip has been great. We haven't been doing much "staying." We have slept in 7 different beds so far and spent a night in our van. We have met amazing people, been wined and dined (this is SO MUCH DIFFERENT than applying to medical school!), seen God provide in amazing ways, and seen 11 states.

I would have loved to have just stayed home but I would not have been able to see God do some amazing things and teach me so much.

I don't learn a lot when I stay. It is hard to go but I learn so much more when I do.

I am reminded of that song by Chris Tomlin I referenced a couple of weeks ago
"I Will Follow"

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...

All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in you alone

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you

Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone

In you there's life everlasting
In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy
and I will follow 
I want to stay when He wants me to stay and go when He wants me to go. I long to follow Him where He leads me - He alone knows what is best. Only in Him and going and staying when He wants me to will I find freedom, peace, and joy. He is all I need and I can trust Him. I will follow.

Linking up with the Gypsy Mama. Join me?
Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!