Monday, November 12, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Quiet

Written Friday night late... finally posted Monday morning.

It's finally quiet.

A few minutes ago 6 little girls were running around being their silly, noisy selves. They're all now in bed. Quiet.

A few hours ago I was at a conference surrounded by missionally minded medical professionals and students worshipping our great God and being challenged from God's Word. Sessions are over for today. Quiet.

I love this quiet. A time to sit down and talk to God about all I've been hearing and to listen to Him. I have been challenged and I have a lot to process over the next few days, weeks, months, years.

In the past I've tried to avoid quiet. Put on some senseless noise just so it wasn't quiet. Now I long for it. Time alone with my Jesus. Talking to Him. Listening to Him. It's not something I can do easily amid all the noise of my everyday life. I need to be intentional and to use my quiet minutes on purpose to commune with God and not to waste them.

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!