Friday, February 10, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Trust



On Fridays we just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. Won’t you join us?
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

TRUST

START

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

Trusting God is not something that comes easy but the more I trust Him, the easier it gets. I used to be prone to worry. Anxiety would eat at me. I would have trouble sleeping and wake up at night thinking about things that troubled me.

Every time God came through. He may not have done things the way that I wanted Him to. He may not have done things as fast as I wanted to BUT He did something and caused my trust in Him to grow.

We are going into another unknown zone. We are moving soon to Lowville for 9-10 months. We don't have a place to live there yet. That is kind of normal. After our time in Lowville we don't know where we'll be living or what we'll be doing for the following 5-6 months before residency starts where ever that may be. All of these unknowns would have terrified me 12 years ago but I am not worried. I know that I can trust my trustworthy Guide and that He will provide and take care of us each step of the way.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. Grace to you as you enter this time of transition! I hope it all goes smoothly and you will be able to rest in HIS arms.

    As someone who also struggles with Anxiety I will pray for peace for you.

    Great reminder for me right now also. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is beautiful! Your faith and trust is glorious-- such a blessing. Thank you for the courage and hope you offer in your modeling what is looks like to trust in Him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!