Friday, February 17, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Delight



Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & leave an encouraging comment.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Delight

START

Two things that came to mind when I read the word for the week:

"Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

There was a song based on Isaiah 55 that a man used to sing when I was a kid at church. It started "Ho, everyone that thirsteth, come ye to the waters. Ye that hath no money, come ye buy and eat." Later in the song it said something about "Delight thyself in fatness, fatness." A quick google search didn't come up with the lyrics to this song so maybe it is just a figment of my imagination (Any SCC people remember this??)

Anyway. Delight.... I think of a look of wonder that comes over a child's face in seeing someone or something that they love.

What do I delight in? That is a good question. So often I am running around putting out fires that I don't take the time to stop and dlight in anything. I know that survival shouldn't be my goal but so often it is. Jesus came that we might live life to the fullest. I haven't been living this way.

Lord, please help me to delight in You and all that You have blessed me with. I am so thankful that You have chosen me. Please help me to delight

STOP

1 comment:

  1. Well, my dear, sometimes we have to survive in order to live life to the fullest. Sometimes my "full" day of life consists of running ragged in the wake of my kids and taking a deep breath at the end of the day in the quiet and saying, thank you lord that they are asleep. *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!