Friday, May 04, 2012

Five Minute Friday - Real

It's Friday again... time to write for 5 minutes and link up with The Gypsy Mama. Since it's Glenn's birthday I wanted to share about some special time recently with him :)
Glenn's "baby cone" from last week
START

One thing that I am real(ly) thankful for is that for the last 3 weeks Glenn and I have been able to go on a date. Our kids were invited to a church about 15 minutes away for AWANA on Wednesday nights and we have taken the kids out for it. Normally, because I am such a people pleaser and because I know that there is always a need for extra help with any kind of kids ministry, I would stick around and offer to help out - listen to verses, help with games, clean up messes, etc. Instead Glenn and I have dropped off our kids and left, which  is hard for me, but our marriage is important.

The first week we drove around town, saw that there was nothing open and drove to the next town, Croghan, because there were more places that could possibly be open. We decided to check out Good Ol' Wishy's, an ice cream shop in town that we had heard of. Each week we have gotten cheaper. The first week we got a sundae to share, last week we got 2 baby cones (and there is nothing baby about their baby cones) and this past week, because we were so full from dinner, we just got one baby cone to share.

I am thankful for this time to reconnect with Glenn in the middle of the week.

STOP

 To join in the fun? Write for 5 minutes and link up at the button below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!