Friday, December 09, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Color

It’s Friday and I'm making my homeschooling littles do this too. Let’s just write without worrying if it’s just right or not. For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Won’t you join me?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
 GO

The last week or so I have been reading The Narrow Road, an autobiography by Brother Andrew. It has really been challenging to me how much I take for granted, having a zillion Bibles in my language in my home, on my iphone, etc. The first thing that I thought of when I saw the word for today was color was the lack of color that is so evident in pictures in my mind of life behind the iron curtain. The colors of clothing and landscape look so bleak. I am so thankful for color. It is evidence of God's creativity. It is evidence of His great imagination. Colors of flowers, the incredible different colors of fabric that we have available. It is a rare day when you go out in public and see someone with exactly the same shirt as you are wearing and very rare indeed when they are wearing the same outfit because God has made each of us unique in our desires, our preferences, our makeup. I am so thankful for His creativity and I long to become more like Him in His creativity.

STOP.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!