Monday, March 08, 2010

The Slow Moving Stomach Bug

WARNING: This is mostly for my record keeping. If talking about vomit makes you sick you probably don't want to read this blog :P

Two weeks ago yesterday we went to church and Lydia was super cuddly. She is normally cuddley but this time it was more than usual. She sat with us through church and then she went to Sunday School. Part way through Sunday School her teacher came to me and said "Lydia just threw up!" I ran to her, helped clean her and her Sunday School room up (thankfully it was on the concrete floor, not the rug!) while Glenn gathered the other 3 and we went home. She took a bath and a nap and felt much better.

I was hoping it was over but it was not to be.... the following Thursday night Abigail got sick and was sick most of the way through Friday (Lydia's birthday) so she was stuck inside while her siblings were out making forts and having snowball fights with all the neighborhood kids who had a snow day. By very late afternoon she was feeling better and wanted to go outside too so I took her out and she helped make a snow fort down the street.

We were all better until Monday when Caleb came in to our room in the middle of the night to tell us that he had just thrown up. "Oh no!" I thought. I asked him if it was all over his bed and he said, "No, I threw up in the toilet." I was so thankful! I asked him if he had a bucket and had him go back to bed. He spent most of the next day in bed but then felt better.

The week progressed and Glenn was studying hard for his exams that were to take place on Thursday and Friday. On Friday morning before leaving for his exam Glenn threw up in the shower. "Oh no!" He had to take his exam so I drove him there and picked him up when it was over and he spent the rest of the day in bed.

Saturday was the beginning of Spring Break!! We had made plans to go to visit my brother, sister-in-law and nephew and spend the night before heading on to Rochester to visit friends but my stomach wasn't feeling just right and we didn't want to infect Russ and Camy with any possible stomach bug so we stayed home. It was a good thing because in the middle of the night I threw up and ended up spending most of Sunday in bed. I was amazed at how quiet our apartment was with all 4 kids gone to church with Glenn!

I am feeling much better today and I am thankful it is a 24 hours or less stomach bug. We aren't exactly sure what adventures our Spring break holds but hopefully we will have some fun and the last one who hasn't been sick yet (Hannah) will not come down with the stomach bug. Stomach Bug 2010 has been much less adventurous than those that have hit us in the past but it has also taken much longer to pass through our family. Hopefully it is done but I am not holding my breath. I am so thankful that God has blessed us with such good health normally and that these little sicknesses are so few and far between!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!