Monday, May 25, 2009

Sometimes a Light Suprises

Yesterday was our last Sunday at North Baptist Church. That is hard for me because our church is our family. We love our blood family but in so many ways our church family is so much dearer to us. It is hard to leave. As I was walking into church yesterday we were singing "Sometimes a Light Surprises." It was such a blessing to me I wanted to post the words here so I can remember:

Sometimes a Light Surprises

1. Sometimes a light surprises
The Christian while he sings;
It is the Lord Who rises
With healing in His wings:
When comforts are declining,
He grants the soul again
A season of clear shining,
To cheer it after the rain

2. In holy contemplation
We sweetly then pursue
The theme of God’s salvation,
And find it ever new;
Set free from present sorrow,
We cheerfully can say,
Let the unknown tomorrow
Bring with it what it may.

3. Tomorrow can bring us nothing,
But He will bear us through:
Who gives the lilies clothing
Will clothe His people, too:
Beneath the spreading heavens
No creature but is fed;
And He Who feeds the ravens
Will give His children bread.

4. Though vine nor fig tree neither
Their wonted fruit should bear,
Though all the fields should wither,
Nor flocks or herds be there
Yet, God the same abiding,
His praise shall tune my voice;
For, while in Him confiding,
I cannot but rejoice.

©2001 Kevin Twit Music.

I started crying when I got to the end of verse 2 and was so blessed that verse 4 is from one of my favorite passage in Habakkuk. God is so good to us and will prove Himself again this time as He has so faithfully in the past. I am so thankful for the unchangeableness of our God, His immutability. I think that it is my favorite attribute of my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!