Friday, July 04, 2008

God Knows

I have been reading Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss. It has been a great encouragement to me. The link is actually to Gutenburg Press where you can download it for free. It is a great book and I highly recommend that you read it (this recommendation is probably only for women but men may enjoy it too). I love it because it is written as a journal and I have always loved that kind of book. The quote that really encouraged me today was this:

"God knows whom He can trust! He would not lay His hand thus on all His children."

This was said of her mother who was dying in much pain but who had just said,"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. He is just as good as ever." It was encouraging to me because maybe God trusts me. We can trust God and will keep seeking Him regardless of what He brings into or takes out of our lives. We know that He will be faithful. He knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!