Monday, May 26, 2008

Where is my focus?

God has been working in our hearts a lot lately. Challenging us to become more like Him and keep our focus on Him. We've been reading through Job with some devotional readings and it has really encouraged our hearts and taught us that we need to keep our focus off of our big problems and on our big God! Getting into U of R won't solve our problems, going to Ross won't solve our problems, our Problem Solver is God and He wants us to trust Him no matter what what comes our way. We sang this song yesterday in church it is call Hallelujah, What a Savior by Paul Baloche:

Verse 1:
Oh how strong the power of Jesus' name!
It is stronger than any other name
How sweet the vict'ry that bore my shame
took the burden of my sin away

Hallelujah! What a savior!
I owe everything to Him
Hallelujah what a savior
Hallelujah to my King

Verse 2:
Oh how great the kindness our God has shown
We were strangers, now we're called His own
His grace has welcomed the sinner home
Tender mercies, lead us to The Throne

(Chorus)

Bridge:
Hallelujah! Hallelujah to my King! (repeat)

Verse 3:
Oh what peace the Spirit of Jesus brings
through the trials He will carry me
One day, in Heaven, our eyes will meet
Filled with wonder, all the saints will sing

(Chorus)

(Bridge 2x)

Hallelujah to my King, hallelujah to my King

Verse 3 always makes me cry because I feel like we are going through trials right now but they are here for God's purposes to draw us closer to Him. It is amazing to me that He will carry me! The line that really opened my eyes to how much He thinks of me yesterday was "One day, in Heaven, our eyes will meet" - WOW! The God of the universe wants to make eye contact with me! I am filled with wonder at that thought! The first line of verse 3 talks about peace that comes from God, as we were leaving church yesterday the kids were given a character trait DVD from Highpoint (junior church) and Hannah had handed in "contentment" for "peace." I really thought that I would personally benefit more from contentment but as Glenn and I were talking we decided that what we really need in our lives is peace - trusting God with the details of life.

In other news we took a walk around Highland Park yesterday with a lady who has lived near here for 18 years. She got to show us some of her favorites and it reminded me that #1 I must always bring my camera when I take a walk around the park and #2 I hadn't posted pictures here of how beautiful Highland Park is in the spring so here they are some pictures I posted on Facebook.

I need to get going, laundry to do, bread to bake, the kids room to find, all before my sister-in-law Stephanie and nephew Brody get here this afternoon for their week long visit that we are so looking forward to! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!