Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cooking without Fire

The other night I was making biscuits and gravy. Things were going pretty smooth... I'd browned the sausage, started the biscuits and got them in the oven and I was working on the gravy but it just would not thicken. I added more flour... it still wouldn't get any thicker. I was so confused and frustrated and my family was hungry... what was I to do? I had been standing there stirring the gravy for 15 minutes. It never takes this long. Finally the biscuits were all done and everyone was ready to eat except for the very runny gravy then I looked under the pan... no flame. I'd been breathing fumes but had no fire. It made me think of a verse in 2 Peter 1:3. "seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything we need for life and godliness through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence." God has given me everything that I need, just like I had everything that I needed to make gravy, but I just needed to tap into the source. Lord, light the fire in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!