Friday, June 22, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Risk

Can't believe it is Friday already! Today I am linking up with LisaJo and writing for 5 minutes on:

RISK

I have never been much of a risk taker. At least I have never really thought of myself as a risk taker but I guess I was a risk taker when I decided to go work at a camp 5 hours away for two summers or when I decided to travel to Venezuela for a month when I was in high school. God used those times to teach me a lot.

I guess I became more of a risk taker when I married a cute 19 year old guy with big dreams. We have made decisions that have made others think that we are crazy over the years but God has proven Himself faithful and He has never failed.

I think of that quote from Jim Eliot: "He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose." He lived that out trying to reach a violent tribe in Ecuador and ultimately it cost him his life.

Taking risks that God has asked us to take has helped me to get to know our God more and has increased my faith in Him. I can trust Him even when what He asks me to do sounds risky and doesn't make sense, even when I can't see Him.

This morning I was looking for a video to show the girls and came across the one I embedded below. I know that I have jumped around when Jesus has been there and caught me and I know that sometimes He has asked me to fall back when there was NOTHING behind me and, guess what, He caught me. He is faithful - you can trust Him!



Would you like to join me in writing for 5 minutes on Risk? Link up below:

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!