Friday, June 29, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Dance

It's Friday again. Time to write for 5 minutes on:

DANCE

START

When I hear the word "dance" I automatically think of my girls. They love to dance. They dance crazy dances. Even when there is no music. Especially Lydia.

Watching little kids dance is so much fun. They have no inhibitions. They don't worry, "Am I doing it right?" or "Do I look foolish?" They just dance.

Me? Not so much. I am too concerned with what others might think of me and who might see.

We went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago and Glenn and I went out on the dance floor for the couple dance. We don't really know how to dance and I always feel so foolish, even in the arms of the man I love. His was the only opinion that really mattered at that reception and he wasn't going to judge me and yet I held back and felt foolish though I am sure no one was looking at us.

Why do I care so much about what others think about me? Why do I hold back from doing something fun just because I'm worried about the opinion of people I don't even know?

STOP

Join me in writing for 5 minutes and then be sure to click on the button below and link up and read some other writers writing about dance:

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!