Wednesday, January 25, 2012

God is my Helper

Yesterday I was really low. I blogged about it, talked to Glenn about it, prayed about it then slept trusting that God is going to do something.

This morning I woke up with hope in my heart and I praise God. I have the privilege of being a part of the Winter Session of the Hello Mornings Challenge. It is an online accountability group to help with the habits of getting up, spending time in God's Word, planning and exercising. I signed up to be an AC (I can't remember what that stands for) because they needed more of them and I thought that having a leadership role may help me be more accountable. Knowing that I need to check in every day I think is going to be a huge help to me as I process through my sinking season.

This morning when the alarm went off at 5:40 I grabbed my iphone and posted "Good morning! It's Wednesday! Check in to let us know how your morning is going. Praying for all of you!" Then switched over to youversion to do my Bible reading. In my through the Bible I was in Hebrews 4 and I was very encouraged by these verses which I've always loved: "For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:15, 16 NASB) What a great reminder! I am so thankful for my great High Priest!

After running Glenn to the schospital I sat down at my desk to do the Bible study that was suggested with the Hello Mornings challenge. It is a Psalm study called Run to Him. This week we are going through Psalm 4. It was a huge blessing this morning. I don't know that I've ever done a study where you read the same Psalm everyday for a week, each day looking for different things each day. I highly recommend it. Today I was looking for truths and some truths I found include:
* He has relieved me in my distress
* He sets the godly man apart for himself
* He hears when I call
* He has put gladness in my heart
* He alone makes me to dwell in safety
What a blessing! God truly did put gladness in my heart today and I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!