Saturday, January 07, 2012

Blessing from Budas?

Tonight I was throwing together soup to put in the crockpot for after church tomorrow. I had some hard old tortillas so I thought it would be as good a time as any to try Chicken Tortilla Soup. I googled it and came up with the general idea of what to put in it and went to the kitchen to throw stuff in the pot... shredded cooked turkey from the freezer, a can of crushed tomatoes, a can of black beans, some spices, some chopped peppers and onions. A few of the recipes called for corn so I thought it was as good a time as any to pull out the #10 can of corn that I'd picked up at Buda's a couple of weeks ago. I am not a big canned veggie fan but canned corn isn't that bad and I figured I could use it in a couple of soups and that it would be fine.

Normal looking can

30 servings? not too many when you are feeding 6 people.
 
WHAT??? This was unexpected. I made all the kids get out of bed to see this one :)






























I was not expecting corn on the cob. I am not really sure how 30 people would share the 11 ears of corn that was in that can. Oh well. I cut all the corn off the cobs and put some in the soup and set some aside for another day. Never knew that corn on the cob came in a can. What interesting things we find at Buda's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!