Saturday, March 19, 2011

Expectations...

I have been going through One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp with (in)courage bloom book club online and it has been a huge blessing. I read through the book quickly on Kindle so I would be ready to watch the videos twice a week. I am going to buy a hard copy to have and read through more slowly. I've highlighted so much and God has worked in my heart so much though it.

I will blog more on it as I go through it a second time but.... I was just thinking of a quote that I heard one of the girls say on the video from chapter 9: "Expectations are premeditated resentments." We've struggled a bit with expectations over the past week with Spring Break not being all that we had dreamed it might be but God is faithful. We have had a good week. It wasn't the week that we had expected but I'll blog more about the fun that we did have (though I know Glenn has given a bit of a taste with the pictures he's thrown on here). A quote from Ann from chapter 9 says, "The demanding of my own will is the singular force that smothers out joy - nothing else." I have found that to be true.

Lord, please help me to surrender control and my expectations to You and to be thankful for the gifts You give me every day, all the time. I am so blessed. Better than I deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!