Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Get These Books - while they are free!

I have mentioned loving getting free books for my Kindle app on my blog before. Today there are two books for free on there that I have read and loved and want to recommend that others get them while they are free (I never know how long books will stay free on Kindle so get them now!!)

1. And Then I Had Kids: Encouragement for Mothers of Young Children
by Susan Alexander Yates
This is a great book. I think that it would make a great mom's study. There are so many things that changed after I had kids, especially my perspective of things. It looks like it is an updated edition from the one that I have but I remember this book being really helpful to me. Looking at amazon I see that she now has a book "And Then I Had Teenagers." I may have to check that one out as that day is drawing nearer all the time!
NO LONGER FREE - SORRY!
but...  Raising Kids with Character that Lasts by the same author is 

2. Coffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk
by Dale & Jonalyn Fincher
I didn't necessarily agree with everything in this book but it really helped me to think differently about conversations that I have with people who have different beliefs than I do. I appreciated a lot of their ideas and think that it is definitely worth a read, especially if you want to have respectful conversations with people who think differently than you do.

There may be other great free books out there but these are two that I saw tonight that I recommend :)

I love my Kindle app and I am so thankful for all the great books I've gotten on it, most of them free, from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!