Friday, March 30, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Gift




It's Friday and I'm taking a 5 minute break to write my Five Minute Friday. If you want to participate:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat on the prompt- no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Meet & encourage someone who linked up before you.

Gift

Gifts are not my thing. I do not give gifts well. I do not receive gifts well. I don't know why but I don't do gifts.

I think something that flows into that is gifts that I get from God. The ultimate gift I have received from God is Jesus. He gave His Son for me to pay the penalty for  my sins. I am so grateful!

Another great gift that God has given me over the years is friends. Today we move. We leave Syracuse where I have had a hard time making friends but do have several people who I am going to miss so much who have had a big impact on my life. Friends from the churches that I've gone to that have spoken truth into my life, homeschooling friends who have been sounding boards and idea givers, neighborhood friends who have provided interesting conversations and fun times together, flute friends who have helped me get into my musical side again.

I am so grateful for the gift of friends. So, as I say good-bye I just want to say all I can say: THANKS.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you as you say good bye to old friends. How fun it will be thought to say hello to the new friends God has waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!