Friday, March 09, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Empty






It's Friday again when we write for 5 minutes without editing. I've missed a few lately but I'm back. If you'd like to write for 5 minutes too click on the link above. Today's topic is:

EMPTY

START

Hungry I come to You
For I know You satisfy
I am empty but I know
Your love does not run dry

So I wait for You
Yes, I wait for You

I'm falling on my knees
Offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart 
Is living for.

Broken, I run to You 
For Your arms are open wide
I am weary but I know 
Your touch restores my life

This song came to my mind when I saw the word "Empty," but is it true? Where do I run when I am on empty? Do I really run to the only One who can fill me up? Or do I run to something easy? The scale will tell you that too often I run to food.

Empty also made me think of many other things that are newly empty in the last week.

Empty beds after bouts with cancer:
- Glenn's Great Aunt Helen
- Maria, the sister of my friend Jen
- Heather, the wife of a pastor and mom of two young boys.

And with joy an empty womb, empty so long that is now empty again but this time with because there is a new Hannah Beth, niece of Maria who went to be with Jesus, daughter of my dear friend Jen.

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!