Thursday, April 15, 2010

Permanent Address?

Right now Glenn is filling out forms for our loans for next year for school. He is having to do more work and fill out more stuff since the federal government has taken over the loan system. We were laughing because the "permanent address" that came up for him was the last address that we had when we lived in Houghton, oh, at least 4 years and 7 addresses ago. It got me thinking about the idea of a "permanent address" and I never know what to say when I see those words. Sometimes I just wish I could write "heaven" because until I get there I will never have a "permanent address." Unfortunately, I can not get mail there yet. Our current address is our address until at least the end of May, possibly until the end of September, depending on when we find a new place to live and when we can move into it (we came across a couple of leads today that we are looking into). I am always excited when we have to order new checks because then they will actually have our current address on them (at least for a little while). Our current checks have the address that we lived at when we first moved to Rochester. We have had 4 other addresses since then. See related post.


"This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through. My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue. The angels beckon me from Heaven's open doors and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!