Sunday, September 23, 2012

Five Minute Friday (belated): Wide

When I first saw the word "Wide" I thought of that old song that we used to sing as kids "Deep and Wide" but as I thought of that song I really can't figure out what it is about. Hmmm. Any ideas out there??

Then I thought of Stuart Townsend's song, "How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure...." Oh, bummer. Great song, but"vast" is a synonym but it is not the same as wide.

I guess what wide really makes me think lately is how wide our country is. We applied to a couple of programs out on the other coast of this country. It is going to take a LONG time to get there for interviews if we drive!

Thinking of how wide our country is made me think of "as far as the east is from the west so far has He removed our sins from us" (Psalm 103:12). That fact is SO EXCITING to me!! You can measure "North" and "South." Our friends who just moved to Nepal went over the North Pole. They didn't go East or West (and, as a result, both lost a bet). As they traveled north eventually they ended up traveling south. When you start heading west there is no end to the heading of west. You may pass that place where you started ten million times but you are always headed west. I am so glad that my sins are removed as far as the east is from the west - now, that is wide!!

That's my 5 minutes on "Wide." I'm linking up with the Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday a little late. Join me?

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!