Sunday, November 04, 2012

He is enough

I must admit I have been anxious thinking about our November trip. Some people would be excited to spend almost a month seeing various parts of the country, staying at various hotels and people's homes. I am excited but I also am and have a house full of homebodies. I am not sure how we are going to survive. And I've also been thinking about our mystery months this spring. I want to know what God is going to do. At one point on last Sunday afternoon Glenn mentioned the dreaded "p" word - packing. I told him flippantly that I would be OK with packing if he would just tell me where we were going in February or something like that. Oh, I'm such a great wife.  sigh :(

Sunday night we got to church and I really should have had a handkerchief handy. I'm pretty emotional and I know myself well enough to know that when my attitude needs some tweaking there are, most likely, going to be some tears during the service, especially since I'd already shed a few writing that post about mom. I actually did think "I should run to the bathroom and get some toilet paper" before service started but I didn't go.

One of the first songs we sang was:
"Forever Reign"

You are good You are good
When there’s nothing good in me
You are love You are love
On display for all to see
You are light You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope You are hope
You have covered all my sin

You are peace You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy You are joy
You’re the reason that I sing
You are life You are life
In You death has lost it’s sting

[Chorus]
Oh I’m running to Your arms
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
I was doing fine until we got to those words: "The riches of Your love will always be enough." That still small voice asked, "Really? Do you really mean that? I thought that you were needing to know how November was going to go and where you will be sleeping February 1st." Tears started streaming as I chatted with God asking for forgiveness and asking Him to help me to trust Him with the unknown, knowing that He has provided for us SO MANY times before as the song continued. Some kind lady that I'd never seen before came from the back of the sanctuary to gave me a wad of toilet paper that she'd gotten for me. Another hug from God, telling me that He sees me. I cried as I talked with God and prayed the rest of the song back to Him, telling Him that I trust Him.
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign

You are more You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord You are Lord
All creation will proclaim
You are here You are here
In Your presence I’m made whole
You are God You are God
Of all else I’m letting go

[Repeat Chorus]

My heart will sing
No other Name
Jesus
Jesus

Jesus is enough. Even if He never gives us another blessing ever again we have ten zillion reasons to praise Him and give Him thanks. I want Him to be my focus.

Then, of course, we sang this song for God to remind me who He is - the unchanging One who never fails, the One who always is enough, the One who never gives up on me and, most importantly, the One who has paid the price for all my sin. I sang with growing confidence in our Great God.
"One Thing Remains"


Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing… Remains [repeat]

[Chorus:]
Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me [3x]

On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never, ever, have to be afraid
One thing remains

[Bridge:]
In death, In life, I’m confident and
covered by the power of Your great love
My debt is paid, there’s nothing that can
separate my heart from Your great love...
Later on this week, in our Psalm Countdown to Match Day we read Psalm 136. If you ever need a reminder that His love endures forever just read that Psalm. I think that I have at least 1000 more verses to add to that Psalm.

God used one other song in my life this week (I don't know if we sang this one on Sunday or not... in my brain it is a Northridge song but we may have sung it at our church this week, I'm not sure.)

"I Will Follow"

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...

All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in you alone

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you

Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone

In you there's life everlasting
In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy
and I will follow 
Only in Jesus and with my eyes on Jesus will I ever be able to have the peace that I long for and live the full life that He has planned for me. I am so thankful that He is Jehovah Jireh - our Great Provider who will be all that we need and Jehovah-Shammah - the God who is there - everywhere - who will be with us for the next 4 weeks and beyond. All I need to do is keep my eyes on Him.

I am so thankful that Jesus truly is and will always be... enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!