Friday, August 31, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Change

On Fridays I like to link up with Lisa-Jo and write for 5 minutes on the topic she gives. The topic for today is:

CHANGE 

start

When I first read the word change I was battered with thoughts of changes that I've had in my life. I didn't want to write about it so I was tempted to write something like, "I went to the store the other day and the cashier gave me my change for a $100 all in $5 bills." Hannah did something like that for her FMF. She drew pictures of coins. :)

I know that that is not the change the really matters to me. The change that crushes me on a regular basis. That is the change that Caleb wrote about. Living in 17 different addresses = a lot of change. The hardest part of change is relationships.

The other day I got a text from a friend saying that everything was looking good with her pregnancy and her due date was in March. I rejoiced. Then I started to cry. March. I won't be here in March. I don't know where I will be in March. Another change comes for us in January. Another season of homelessness.

Oh, I am not worried about the details of that season of homelessness. God has always worked them out in the past and I know that He will again but...

The change I dislike the most is leaving people.

stop

Want to read others' takes on change? Want to write about change yourself? Come on over, check out other's posts and write one yourself.
Five Minute Friday
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!