Friday, February 15, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Beloved

It's been a few weeks but I'm linking up for Five Minute Friday again. The word for this week?

BELOVED 

I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine
Song of Solomon 6:3a

 
 One thing that I am so thankful for is that I am Glenn's one and only and he is my one and only. I do not have to worry about how I rank against any other woman. He doesn't have to worry about how he compares to any other man. I am his and he is mine.

One thing I prayed for early on, seeing friends and classmates struggle with broken heart after broken heart as temporary relationships ended, was that the first guy I dated would be the one I married.

Sure, I would have liked a boy friend in high school. There were no guys who really met my standards though and so I waited.

I would have liked a boyfriend at the one year Bible school I went to after high school. (I guess that would have required actually talking to a guy there though - hehe). God protected me though because I wasn't ready and the one He had for me wasn't there.

Just before meeting Glenn I had given up any hope of ever getting married and was planning on getting my teaching degree and teaching other peoples' kids overseas. I was sure I had things all figured out at age 20 ;)

When I was content with that plan and God alone God surprised me and brought Glenn into my life. He was my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first everything. We love each other. Some days it is a feeling, some days it is a decision. Every day  though, I am so thankful for my beloved Glenn and for all the wonderful times and the difficult trials that we have gone through together and how we have learned and grown together over our 13 1/2 years of marriage.

I am my beloved's and he is mine and I am so thankful.

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!