Friday, July 20, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Enough

It's Friday. A day to write unrehearsed and unedited for 5 minutes. The word for today is:

Enough

 These prompts always make me think of songs. As soon as I read "Enough" my mind automatically went to the song with that title by Chris Tomlin. It talks about how God is more than enough for my every need and desire. 

I stopped to think: Is that really true? Is God enough? So often I try to fill myself with other things. I don't always live out the truth that God is enough. Am I truly satisfied with Him? Which makes me think of that Piper quote: "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." 

I long to glorify God. I long for this song to be the cry of my heart. God, You are more than enough.
 
All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough


You are my supply
My breath of life
And still more awesome than I know
You are my reward worth living for
And still more awesome than I know


All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough


You’re my sacrifice
Of greatest price
And still more awesome than I know
You’re the coming King
You are everything
And still more awesome than I know


More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough for me

What does the word "Enough" make you think? Write about it for 5 minutes and link up at:

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!