Monday, June 02, 2008

Fortune Cookies

Yesterday we got take out for lunch after church. I love Chinese food and it is one thing that I just can't duplicate the taste of at home, no matter how hard I try. At the end of the meal we were eating our fortune cookies - I love those too. Glenn's said "Good news of a long-awaited event will arrive soon" and mine said "Do you believe? Endurance and perseverance will be rewarded." He looked at me and said "I wish fortune cookies were true." It made me think. I don't know how many times in the past I have thought that same thought. I have never had a fortune cookie that said "You are going to die" or "you are going to lose an important piece of paper." It is true, it will happen eventually, just like whatever else your fortune says on those little slips of paper. Not always when or how you think it will but it will happen. Even if my fortune doesn't come true how I want it to there are some other words written that will come true. I am reading through the Bible this year with The Daily Walk Bible from Walk Thru the Bible. It is really neat because it has "devotional helps to guide you through the Bible in one year." I've recently read through Job which was really helpful in guiding my perspective and now I am reading the Psalms. Today I am claiming Psalm 25, 28, and30 for Glenn. Again, I know that God will not always answer the way I expect or the way I want Him to but I know that His Word is true and I can trust Him.

In other news - Steph and Brody leave today after going to the Museum of Play with us again. It has been so much fun having them here! Here is a couple pictures of the kids together. I am sure that I will post more to facebook soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!