Monday, February 09, 2015

A couple of funnies

Sometimes you just need to laugh. Here are a couple of things that made me laugh the last couple of days.

"I Can't Believe it's STILL Winter"
Yesterday I helped in worship care during church with the 4-5 year olds. One of the little boys turned to me with so much disgust in his voice and said, "I can't believe it is STILL winter." You'd think he lived somewhere other than Texas. I can understand hearing that from friends in New York who just got another dumping of snow but to hear it from this little boy cracked me up. Last night it was 72 when two of my girls wore shorts, t-shirts and flip flops over to church for their kids program. I just took a quick walk outside and really didn't need the light sweater I had on. This is not really winter, kid.

You Know Your Husband Doesn't Make it to Church Very Often When...
We go to the church across the street from our house. We had a couple of movies overdue from the church library so we walked them over this morning. While I was there a guy who works for facilities stopped me and asked what my husband looked like and if he wore glasses. I told him, "yes, he wears glasses." He told me that security was tracking him on Wednesday night. Wednesday night there was a parent meeting after youth group and Glenn went because he was home in time and I was helping with younger kids in another part of the church. Security saw Glenn walking across the parking lot and walk right into the student center. They got concerned because they didn't know who he was so they called police for back up. My kids said a lot of the teens (including them) were wondering why there were cops there. I guess when Glenn shows up at church you just need to call the police. It cracked me up. I guess residency keeps him from church more than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!