Saturday, February 08, 2014

It's February 7th again...

All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 MSG)

This verse was the verse of the day on Youversion today. I think God put it there just for me. It's an appropriate reminder for me for February 7th, I think.

I am often in a low spot emotionally this time of the year. I don't know if its the lack of sunshine and time outside or the fact that this time of the year has many dates that are on the calendar of my past that I wish weren't.

My mom passed into eternity 11 years ago today after living her last 20 months in various healthcare facilities. 11 years. It hardly seems possible!

I have learned many things over the past 11 years and I'm not sure how I would have done it without God.

* Just like it says He is the God of all comfort. So many times He has orchestrated circumstances or sent people my way to comfort me, to walk beside me. God's Word, especially the Psalms and Habakkuk, and various songs have been a huge comfort to me as well as He brought them into my life at just the right time. He is so good. He is so faithful. He loves me and knows best.

* Just like it says God has brought others into my life and allowed me to walk with them and be a comfort to them just as He has provided comfort to me. I have an idea of what it feels like to lose a parent. I've lost two. Because I have been allowed the opportunity to suffer I can empathize with others who are going through suffering.  For that I am very grateful. If I had never felt pain I would never be able to walk through pain with others.

I can't believe it has been 11 years. Sometimes I see bits of her in myself, in my kids. I wish they could have known her. I miss her. I am grateful though for all that God has taught me and how He has used me because, in His sovereignty, He knew it would be best to take her home when He did. Most of all I am grateful for the God of all comfort that walks with me and has comforted me and strengthened me though every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!