Friday, January 04, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Opportunity

Yay! Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday prompts are back! I've missed them! Today's FMF word is:
 
Opportunity
 
START
"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations." - Chuck Swindoll
 
I love this quote. Some may see them as an impossible situation but the next 3-6 months are going to be a great opportunity for our family. They're going to be an adventure. I am not exactly sure what they are going to look like. I'm not exactly sure where we're going to be sleeping for many of those nights BUT we have a great opportunity to be used of God and be open to His leading to answer His call to do what He wants us to do.

Since there is no specific location that we need to be at and we'll only have about a weeks' worth of stuff with us in our van we have an opportunity to more easily answer God's call. I think of Abraham. Life must have been so much simpler back then. God asked him to go and he was able to pack up and go. It doesn't sound like it took him weeks or months to pack like it always does us.

I guess I need less stuff. I think of that book I read about the Muellers. It took them less than an hour to pack their possessions. It takes me longer than that to pack for a weekend! How much more free I would be if I had that little stuff. Free to answer God's call where I am without the distractions and added responsibilities of owning too much stuff even when I am not in the process of moving.

STOP

Would you like to write about opportunity or read some other bloggers' thoughts? Click the button below:
Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!